HjUser
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP File Backup System not backing up/Blue screen/Malware

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 300 - 1017
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to repair and backup pictures from my Touchsmart all in one pc. It did have a browser redirect virus that I wanted to remediate but I can't get past the backup. In Recovery Manager I am getting the error: "There is currently not enough space available on the system partition for temporary storage during data compression. You must free up some space on the system partition to continue with the task" 

1. I have run a system check with the HP utility and everything says it is ok but when I try to reboot I am getting a blue screen with a stop error --> STOP 0x000000F4

2. I can run a system reset but would like to back up pics I don't want to lose.

3. I am pretty sure it has malware on it as well.

4. Found out the DVD drive is not working so I will be replacing that too.

5. I Have changed the boot order to boot from USB if that needs to happen.

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 8
1,934 1,921 74 205
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HjUser -- not enough space available on the system partition for temporary storage 

That "system" partition could be your 'C:" drive-letter.

Can you access your "Downloads" folder, and delete some large files?

Then, empty your "Recycle Bin".

Run the Windows "Disk Cleanup"  utility.

Within your web-browser(s), delete all the "temporary Internet files".

Uninstall some free software, e.g., Adobe Reader, and iTunes, to free-up some disk-space. Reinstall later.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HjUser
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I can't get past the HP Recovery Tool because I want to backup files before I reset everything. It just won't let me get past that. I can't even boot into safe mode.

I was able to download a Win7 iso onto Rufus so I will try that. 

I think the drive may be damaged due to the fact that I am getting a BSOD with this stop error:  0x000000f4.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation