Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just set up my Omen 30l desktop with Omen 27i monitor last weekend.  It's been running just fine, then today I downloaded a game from Steam and it just turned off! Monitor still working but the tower is dead, no lights, no fans, nothing running.  The monitor is plugged into same surge protector (monitor has power) so it's not the surge protector. I unplugged the power cord from the back, waited 10 seconds, plugged it back in, still does not start up after pressing power button.  I plugged the power cord into an electrical outlet directly but still no power.  Switched out the power cord with a spare one, still no power. Has any one had a similar issue with their Omen 30l?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You just purchased and set up a new Omen 30L. Very nice PC with good reviews.

I can only guess a possible loose connection on the motherboard or a bad component.

Since the PC is new you have three options:

1. Inspect and reseat all connections on the motherboard. Reseat RAM and graphics card.

2. Contact HP Support for warranty assistance (Link).

3. Return the PC to the seller for a refund/exchange.

Regards

HP Recommended

Wondering if you got response to this issue.  I have a Omen 30l and same thing happend.  The system shut off and doesn't power back up.  No response from the power on button.  

Did you get your issue resolved?  Is there a way to reset it to fix this issue?

HP Recommended

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me and It's ridiculous that there's no fix yet and I'm the third person to comment. I was on my computer...it lost complete power. Nothing is happening and I switched cord........HELP HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no official HP Support presence in this forum.

I would think you all have a serious component problem. The power supply or the motherboard are high on the list of possible causes. You have a bad component or a possible short somewhere. You would have to reduce the PC to a minimum configuration and swap in known good replacement parts to find the cause. No point in doing this when you are in warranty.

Contact HP Support or return the PC to the seller (refund/exchange) if this second option is possible.

Regards

HP Recommended

Same here brand new and just turns off I can't rely on this no more and need a reliable product that is good and doesn't do this any suggestions because omen isn't it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.