Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN - R7 - 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Merry Christmas to all. I am trying to figure out how to reverse an update/driver update without being able to use my monitor.. Last night I ran updates and must have had an error or something. Today the desktop turns on but nothing else does... I have an extra old dell monitor I can try. I currently use and LG 24" FULL HD IPS MONITOR . I am not at the location at the moment so trying to get things figured out before I starting working on it.

Thank you all who checked this post and I hope you have a blessed rest of your night.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

what desktop is this>??? exactly. googling me I see that as laptop, is it laptop guts moved to Desktop case? IDK blind.

omen r7 means what?

it is not any kind of monitor driver, caused.

GPU card yes or no.?

what is inside the PC, for PCI -e slots.

show photo of rear.

show what cables used to monitor

did you force the ports on monitor using its OSD?

dot use igpu ports on PC if GPU card present as iGPU is off line. like that.

if a laptop post to laptops? please.

if a laptop push the magic hot key to make the GPU port go live, mine is Fn+f4 but is covered in the manual on all laptops made.

also turn the monitor on first, (hdmi loves to fail hot plugging) and PC next so the PC can see the monitor first.

or it can fail easy. then force the monitor ports to what you are using via monitor OSD port selections.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

20201228_024533.jpg

20201228_024619.jpg

Back

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.