Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HI! Running disk clean-up with the drivers ticked does not work,as soon as i restart my laptop this HP One Agent is back, installing it self,creating a restore point. I hope this chat is monitored by HP because they created this problem. I wasn't sure about buying an Acer or HP as i have an HP laptop bought back in 2017. I also have an Acer laptop which is an entry level laptop(it never gave a problem whatsoever )and bought this HP Envy 3 months ago(very expensive). Gonna see if i able to return it and get an Acer Nitro. Tell you something never buying HP ever again, this is very annoying. By the way the touchpad is crap, very sensitive.

HP Recommended

Disk cleanup did not find anything. Disabling all HP* services works but does not change anything either.

In Config Panel, HP One agent looks like installed, but installing it says "already uninstalled". So this seems to me OK. No HP One agent restart or reinstall.

Autoruns did the job.

I have been using (and selling) HP PC and printers for years and we were satisfied with tem and our customers too.

This is the 1st time such a problem occurs. No doubt HP One agent is a so called "telemetry" tool exporting data. The .exe file is signed by HP and so is original. What disturbs me is the lack of anwer from HP about HP One Agent !!!

Thanks for your help. Hope we will know the truth about this one day.

HP Recommended

I'm wondering at this point if it might be an option to reinstall windows 11 OS  from scratch without any of the HP bloatware it came with (including the HP One Agent)? The only problem I can think of is that it might get re-installed when Windows updates are done? Does anyone know how to determine if the "HP One Agent" was originally installed via a Windows 11 update and/or if it is possible  to exclude the HP One Agent from installing this so called app but still install the rest of the Windows update?

HP Recommended

Guys do not download any third party software to get rid of HP One Agent! I believe Hp will sort it out soon enough! Do not go to windows files or delete or rename anything. Do not disable any services or you render your machine useless. Let's wait it out. There is an update from windows next Tuesday.

HP Recommended

I have had a look at a full backup made on 23 dec 2023 : none of the folders of HP One Agent exists.

HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant installs HP Software Framework (which installs HP software). I uninstalled both and don't receive HP One Agent anymore.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I was wrong. HP One Agent is back.

HP Recommended

Thanks for this information.

HP One Agent is NOT back on my PC (HP brand).

... and I have no problem with the system (I have  an HP printer too).

Maybe its a legitimate software but HP answer would be useful.

HP Recommended

This is the third day that HP Agent One is not on my PC (also an HP). I also downloaded Autoruns and deactivated most of the HP programs as I could not find one specific to HP One. JBRATI, what items did you deactivate in Autoruns?

I also believe that Autoruns may be the silver bullet to kill this monster.

HP Recommended

I think I deactivated all HP One Agent  in all categories. Autoruns does not have a .log, so I do not exactly remember what I did ! Later I uninstalled other HP functions from config panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.