Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 690-0073
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought HP Pavilion Gaming 690. I want to enter bios. I tried esc, del, f1, f2, f8, f10. None works. After power on, I don't see any HP welcome message before it enters windows 10. How can I enter bios, please? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

What do you see when you start the PC?

You should see a HP logo screen. This is a POST screen.

Tap "ESC" at the POST screen to get to the Startup Menu. Select Setup to get to the BIOS.

I would take the PC back to the seller if you don't see a POST screen and cannot run Windows.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks Grzwacz.  I don't see HP logo screen, which is weird. It goes into windows directly after powering on.  Windows runs actually, but I want to enter bios.

HP Recommended

Hi Vcycyv,

You're very welcome.

That is strange.  The PC should show a POST screen when you do a cold start.

It sounds like the PC is waking from sleep.

Restart the PC. Then tap "ESC".

Now tap "F10" or select "BIOS Setup" from the Startup Menu.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.