Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000i (1K4J0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone.
I bought an HP Pavilion Gaming TP01-2000i Desktop PC (1K4J0AV), with windows 11. Arrived, I connected it but it won't start. I called the assistance, he made me do some tests but all useless. He advised me to send it back.
Before I send it back, I would like to find out if it really is the PC.
Please help me.
The connected monitor, HP x22LED, is 10 and + years old, with a DVI connection which unfortunately is not there on the desktop PC.
I used an old VGA cable but it wouldn't boot.
I bought a new VGA cable but the PC won't boot.
I reinstalled the old pc with the monitor with its DVI cable and everything works. So the monitor works.
I am wondering, is it possible that the monitor is not compatible with the new desktop PC?
Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mirellass 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. From what I have understood, you want to know if your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000i (1K4J0AV) is compatible with your monitor. I can help you with that.

Could you please share the complete model number of your monitor so that I can check for specifications and help you?

Keep me posted. 

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Nirvana_95.
No one has mentioned a possible incompatibility with the monitor, and this is a mistake. A 10-year-old monitor like mine, HP, is not old, and in fact it still works flawlessly. It was just my thought, and before sending the pc back I took it to a shop where they connected it to a latest generation monitor (4k) and it started up correctly. Problem solved. I had to buy a new monitor though, and that's not a good deal. Moreover, in my opinion, it had to be specified when purchasing.

Thanks for your interest.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I am glad we got to know that the issue is not with your system. We are sorry that you had to purchase a new monitor here. If you need any assistance in the future, you can ping us here.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and SD media cards. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain all residual power and restore default startup settings complete Information

Mna
HP Recommended

Several tests have been made for starting the pc, including what you wrote. Unfortunately it was just an incompatibility with the monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.