Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillon 595-p0008nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After a few days of not using the computer (and possibly installing an update before, can't quite remember), my HP Pavillion desktop fails to start up. I don't even get the HP logo or anything, just a black screen. The fans and LED display however do turn on, after which I hear 8 beeps, followed by a cycle of two long beeps and two short beeps. The LED blinks accordingly.
As suggested by HP, I identified the problem as beeing a BIOS corruption issue (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107, first category).

I have tried hard resetting (holding power button for 15 seconds) numerous times, without effect.
I have tried repairing BIOS both by holding Windows + B on startup and from USB, no effect either. When I tried to repair BIOS with the USB a second time however, there were no beeps anymore but the pc got stuck in an infinite restarting loop, without the black screen ever going away.
I know I could try to refresh CMOS, but it is hidden away behind electronics and I don't have any expierence with pc hardware.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@The_Dude_,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand the computer is not booting to Windows and the caps lock light is blinking.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you refer to the below link and click on the motherboard section and it will show the image of the motherboard and the location of the CMOS battery and try reseating the CMOS battery and check.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-595-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390512/document/c0608...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply,

Is it possible that the CMOS battery is not directly accesible when just opening the case of the computer? I could be wrong, but there seems to be a piece of electronics and a fan in the way, so I am not able to reseat the battery without removing this piece. I am unsure if I have the required tools/knowledge to remove it myself.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@The_Dude_,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.