Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1380t CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC just went dead all of a sudden and System Diagnosis and Repair can do absolutely nothing.  No other possible solutions work.  PC is 10 years old.  Anyone else have an issue with computer suddenly dying?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

Yes, a computer, ten years old, or even less, which suddenly breaks down is not exceptional..
but what is the problem exactly?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The computer will not load.  It then runs thru a Diagnostics routine and a Repair protocol but says it cannot fix the problem.  The blue screen then tells me that a restart may solve the problem.  When I do, it runs thru the whole process again to the same end.  It offers other solutions, all of which I tried, but still winds up with the blue screen telling me that a restart my solve my problem.  I an nor tech savvy so went to HP looking for a recovery disk but does not seem to be available. 

HP Recommended

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

check with this if not a hardware problem
give me the result, error code if there is

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I went to the site you suggested and ran diagnostics and everything checked out ok but still would not load Windows.

I wound up deleting all my files and reloading windows and starting over.  I think I ran out of memory.  Thanks for you help!

HP Recommended

Hi

ok, so no hardware concerns in sight .. is that it?
you were able to reinstall windows, everything is ok?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.