Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk G4 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my computer sleep for longer time than 10 minutes, my system will not wake up from sleep. I can't turn on by pressing power button. I must PC disconnect from the socket for at least 5 minutes and than i can turn on.

I tried to disable hybernation by powercfg -h off.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI,

Thank you for the post and welcome to HP Forums

Step 1:

Restart the computer Restarting your computer erases all information in the computer memory, which might restore functionality.

If the issue persists after restarting the computer, continue to the next step.

Step 2:

Enable the keyboard to wake the computer Enabling your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode might resolve the issue.

In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.

Click the arrow next to Keyboards, and then double-click the name of your keyboard. 

Click the Power management tab. If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button.

The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

Selecting Allow this device to wake the computer Allow this device to wake the computer selection in the Power Management tab Click OK.

If the issue persists after setting the keyboard to wake the computer from sleep mode, continue to the next step.

Step 3:

Check for Windows updates Having the most current software and drivers installed on your computer might resolve the issue.

Choose your operating system below for steps to check for updates using Windows Update.

Check for updates (Windows 10) Check for updates (Windows 😎 If the issue persists after installing Windows updates, continue to the next step.

Step 4:

Check for updates from HP Having the most current software and driver updates from HP installed on your computer might resolve the issue.

Use HP Support Assistant to automatically find and install the latest updates for your computer.

HP personal computers with Windows come with HP Support Assistant installed.

If needed, you can install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant site (in English).

In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

In HP Support Assistant, click My devices, and then click Updates in the window for your device. 

Clicking Updates Updates in the My PC box in the My devices tab Click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant checks for the latest updates from HP. 

Clicking Check for updates and messages Updates available window If new updates are available, make sure the checkbox next to each update is checked, and then click Download and install to download and install the updates.

For more information about configuring and using HP Support Assistant, see Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7).

For more information and instructions about downloading and updating software and drivers, see Downloading or updating software and drivers for HP computers.

If the issue persists after installing updates from HP, continue to the next step.

Step 5:

Troubleshoot using the Windows Power troubleshooter Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust the computer power settings.

The Power troubleshooter checks things like the timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.

Adjusting these settings might resolve the issue.

In Windows, search for and open the Control Panel. In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting. Click Troubleshooting.

Clicking Troubleshooting Troubleshooting search results in the Control Panel In the System and Security area, click Improve power usage.

If asked for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation information.  Clicking Improve power usage Improve power usage in the System and Security section Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.

A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues. 

Detecting issues window Detecting issues progress bar in the Power troubleshooting tool After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter, or click Explore additional options if needed.

Hope this has Helped

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Sir,

I also have the same issue, did you solve your problem, what is the root cause.

BR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.