Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP T410 Smart Zero Client
Other

Hi,

I am struggling to reset my Hp T410 via USB. The unit doesn't seem to be recognising a the USB and booting to it.

I have downloaded the base image and used the USB auto extracting installer to create the bootable USB, this does not work.

I have manually downloaded the base image (Z6A44019.dd.gz) and used rufus to try and create a bootable USB, this does not work.

On every occasion i have pressed the power button twice quickly during boot as advised in the readme.  (when i do this the unit beeps 5-6 times, but continues to its normal logon screen)

I have also let the unit boot up without me pressing the power button twice.

I have tried multiple USB drives to ensure it is not a fault with the USB.

I have no options as advised in another thread to select Aditional Configuration > Factory Reset

I have no administrator access/password to this unit - the previous administrator left last week.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hey Toddeh did you ever get this answered?

HP Recommended

I need the solution too!

HP Recommended

Hey I have worked on a ton of machines and this was by far the worse machine I had ever worked on. Luckily one of my machines was still under warranty so that kinda got me in the door. After numerous of back and forth e-mails with HP I was able to get a solution. I haven't tried it yet but this info came from a tech that had my machine with her and fixed.

It seems that if you install Thin Update 2.3.5 and make a USB bootable drive with the OS and then use the USB drive under the unit it will work.  I used a U drive and it worked.  I also used the left most USB port under the unit.. 

That is all she gave me in an email however from what she said she also tried the latest version and even went back a version of the thin update and it didn't work that version 2.3.5 is supposed to work. Also she said the only usb port that picked up the bootable drive was the one she mentioned. She also had never seen a machine so stubborn and she said she spent days on this machine alone. I hope this helps you. Oh one more thing, she said the following.

So in addition to the U drive that worked for me.  Our 3LS team  found that the following USB drive worked for them:

16GB-Kingston-DataTraveler-G4-USB3-0-3-1-Gen-1-Flash-Drive-White-Blue

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Please specify which version of ThinUpate and which usb port should I use to make it worked? I currently have ThinUpate v2.6.3.

Thank you again for the help!

HP Recommended

I said which ThinUpdate above and I also said which port above as well.

HP Recommended

@LawrenceComps wrote:

Just wondering if someone knows the link to download ThinUpadte 2.3.5, I could not find the link to download this version. 

TIA.

HP Recommended

@alyin wrote:

@LawrenceComps wrote:

Just wondering if someone knows the link to download ThinUpadte 2.3.5, I could not find the link to download this version. 

TIA.

Hey Alyin,

Here is the link to the software

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t410-all-in-one-smart-zero-client/5234230

Select Linux. I confirmed that you can install the software on a windows 10 machine.

Untitled picture.png

HP Recommended

I have downloaded this version of the ThinUpafte and made the USB -Kingston 16gb, once I had the chance to try, I will post the result here.

Thank you LawrenceComps!

HP Recommended

I have tried all the USB ports on the unit, it won’t show up boot menu, quickly click the power button will only get a few beeps before booting to connection page. I have to concede defeated, I give up. It’s only a zero thin client after all. It doesn’t really need newer image update. Thank you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.