Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I got this computer with no OS installed I go check the HP_TOOLS partition is not there with the recovery manager is there anyway I can restore the partition? I already installed a copy of Windows 7 but I need the partition.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

with most original computers with windows 7
to be able to recover the recovery partition, it will be necessary to install the original version, either with a recovery kit created after the factory start-up, or purchased..
and not all of them allow to recover said partitions
see if this can help, but depending on the computer, the possibilities vary!

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini Maintenance & Service Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

with most original computers with windows 7
to be able to recover the recovery partition, it will be necessary to install the original version, either with a recovery kit created after the factory start-up, or purchased..
and not all of them allow to recover said partitions
see if this can help, but depending on the computer, the possibilities vary!

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini Maintenance & Service Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I do not have the recovery partition in the drive is there anyway I can download the recovery for this?

I do not have recovery for this.

HP Recommended

no, you need the recovery kit of this model and sometimes the partition is not recreated
If you have a version of windows, and you don't need the original version, you could use free software, which will allow you to clone your player at a desired time.
It seems to me that some people have the possibility of creating a partition type recovery, but I have never tested

no guarantee on my side, but see for example this type of site, where you can get the recovery kit for some models!

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-30169-windows-7-pro-64bit-recovery-kit-c7t54av-for-hpcompaq-model-...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.