Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 520-1070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i just wonder how they actually are going to fix issues related to Touchsmart 520.  I just installed windows 7 Ultimate from scratch to the PC.  I got a lot of problems (reboot itself when I click on something go on a different screen).  It rebooted itself with no reason or warning etc.  I followed link in the community page and try to fix the issues however it doesn't help.  Then I decided to move on the Windows 10.  The same problems occurred. I put Ubuntu OS it works just fine but I can't use the touchscreen.

I clean up the cpu and gpu fan and I replace the thermal greases as well (I thought it is overheat issue) but it didn't help.  i did download drivers from the HP website and installed them on the PC .

Chrome doesn't work.  Every time I use the Chrome, the PC crashed and reboot itself.

How many people out there that use this PC and they worked just fine?

When I installed Win 10, I did not install drivers.  The os installed those drivers for my via 'Check for Update'.

Should I replace the video card to fix the issue?

Is there any suggestions (Links on the website have been followed).

Thank you for any tips that lead me to resolve the issues.

Note:  To install WIN 7 or WIN10, i have to install it on different PC because, it reboot itself in the middle of installing.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@d052057
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 on a computer shipped with Windows 8, nor will it support the installation of Windows 7. HP will not provide Windows 7 drivers and suitable drivers may not be available for the hardware in the computer. Also, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features designed for the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The PC was preloaded with windows 7.

The windows 7 comes the TouchSmart 520-1070 is gone when the hard disk is broken/burned out.

I installed Windows 7 with drivers download from HP websites.

Everything is in the PC was the same except the Hard disk that I replaced.

Based upon the email, it seems to me that HP did not support the PC with new Hard disk?

The problem isn't the hard disk.  The problem is that the pc is not reliable after installed the HP drivers download from the HP website?

The issues I have run into are pretty much the same that people have had before in the community forum, freezes, reboot itself etc.

If you need further questions or info about the pc issues I have had, i will be glad to share them with you but just I like mentioned about, the issues is pretty much the same with people have had in the past.

and the solution that HP refer to did not correct the issues as it states.

It may be that I should ask/questions other people different way:

What will it take to install software (windows 7) on HP touchSmart 520-1070 in the conditions as follow?

1. Brand new SSD installed.

2. Original software is Window 7 but the software is gone when the old hard disk died.

Note: What I have done is installing Windows 7 retail and the drivers for window 7 from HP website, but the problems/issues are still occurred.  Software diagnosis did not detect any issue.

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@d052057

Thank you for posting back. 

Try this recovery method to install windows operating system:

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I follow the given link and install the HP Cloud Recovery tools software on my computer (a different one - not the touchsmart 520-1070).

I entered the product Id ending with #ABA and I got rejected.

Here is the message I got.

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Fyi: The product Id is QP792AA#ABA

HP Recommended

According to the HP.com website the Cloud recovery tools isn't available for downloading but the drivers for this PC.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@d052057

apologize for the inconvenience caused,

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available recovery media service options. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have gone to the link you referred but they are not helpful or they can not help me to solve my problem. For examples, tools to diagnosis - it did not detect the problems etc.

Therefore there is no solution for me.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.