Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have finally got around to looking at why my PC won't stay asleep.  BY means of using the 'powercfg -lastwake' command and checking through the Windows System event log (filtered on 'Power - Troubleshooter' as Source), I can now say without doubt that my HP keyboard and HP mouse are causing my HP computer to wake up!

I have done tests and made sure that absolutely no movement is made on the mouse and nothing touches the keyboard, bus after only 6-7 minutes of sleeping the PC burst back into life again.

I have disabled the mouse and keyboard from having the ability to wake the system for now, but that is only a workaround.  Why would they trigger the wake-up when they are not touched?  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ignore this.  It wasn't my HP keyboard or mouse at all.  It was, in fact, my network card being reported as a 'PS/2 Compatible Mouse'.  God only knows why, but after unchecking 'Allow this device to wake computer' in my my network adaptor Power Management setting I have had no more problems, even after turning that setting back on for the HP keyboard and mouse.

There certainly have been events logged where the Wake Source Device is recorded as 'Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support' when neither the mouse nor keyboard were touched, but since disabling the wake function for the network adaptor I have had no instances of this either.  All a bit strange, but at least it is resolved for me (for now).

Hope the above may prove helpful for somebody else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.