Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPE 270f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello is there a way to put recovery on USB? My HPE 270f the F11 does not work. My cousin has the exact same computer. We got 2 from Best Buy on clearance in 2012. I am at my cousins now and it is several miles back to my home. I was wandering if I can copy the contents to a USB? Then use on my computer to restore I don't want to take them with me because I don't know when I will be back. I could bring them home with me but I do not trust the mail they may get broke it happened twice before. 

And please do not reply with "Windows 7 no longer supported bla bla bla I am sick and tired of hearing that **** I am serious my cousin is also and she is a expert tech and still uses Windows 7. This computer will be offline anyway. Also please do not give me bla bla bla about comparability mode. Also she said she could research this but will take awhile I figured I would try here I head back home on Tuesday I will check back.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is anyone going to reply?

HP Recommended

@i386,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can copy the recovery partition from an identical computer onto a flash drive and install it on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You can create a recovery media on the identical computer and using that recovery media you can try reinstalling the operating system on your computer. However, it may or may not work.

Follow the steps in the below article to create a recovery media.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867124

NOTE: HP recovery software allows you to make only one recovery backup. If the recovery media is created once already on the computer then you will not see this option.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I did not get it in time for me to create the recovery. Let me explain my system does not support creating recovery to USB. Only a DVD and not even a dual layer DVD. My cousin has DVD's from HP she got them from Best Buy only one set she worked there and we got 2 of these systems and one set of DVD's and they are at her house.

I wanted to somehow copy them to a USB not create them from the computer. Maybe make an ISO yes I have made the ISO of the disk 3 ISO's. I was wandering if there is a program that will extract the ISO's to a USB or maybe it will take 3 16 GB flash drives or maybe just one. I have tried rufus and it makes the first USB but on the rest I get a message they are not a bootable Windows ISO. Maybe this time it is more clear I will be going back to my cousins soon and will try this. 

Yes again we know Windows 7 is no longer supported. Again we know what we are doing. I have actually been using Windows 7 since support ended and no issues I check for viruses weekly and the system is not my main system just using it for older programs that I paid for.  

I will upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 10 on this older system when the time is right.

HP Recommended

@i386 Alright, please try that and let us know if you need anything else,

Have a good day, and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

I have already tried Rufus. Please read my post again. I can create the first USB. But the second I get a message not a boo table Windows ISO. I cannot just put them all on one because some wim files have the same name. I figured there could be a way to make it possible maybe a software that renames the wim files. 

I think these systems the recovery manager only has option  for single layer DVD. HP should have released a newer HP Recovery Manager I think newer systems with Windows 7 SP1 had the option for USB or Dual Layer. Why does my HP XP Media Center allow for Dual Layer DVD's? Allowing Dual layer DVD's will allow you to make an ISO and extract the ISO to USB. 

HP Recommended

@i386

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.