Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 35W G2 Desktop Mini PC

BootDevice Not found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard Disk - (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics
For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

And I did go to that website, followed the steps, got to Procedure 3, then:
"If Intel Optane is not listed, the computer does not have Optane memory or Optane is malfunctioning and cannot be detected. Contact HP Customer Support for further assistance."

It's a brand new pc that I was trying to reset to have a fully fresh start, I wasn't able to do so for some reason so I downloaded Windows 10 to a USB flash drive in order to enable the whole recovery thing, now it's all messy and I'm really not an expert. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @StrikeByte,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The "Hard Disk - (3F0) Boot Device Not Found" error message indicates that your computer is unable to find a bootable operating system. This issue can arise for several reasons, including problems with the hard drive, BIOS settings, or an incorrect boot sequence.

Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check BIOS Settings

1. Enter BIOS/UEFI:
    • Restart your computer and immediately press the key that opens the BIOS/UEFI setup utility (usually F10, F2, Esc, or Del).
  2. Check Boot Order:
    • Navigate to the Boot menu and ensure your hard drive is listed as the first boot device. If not, move it to the top of the list.
  3. Save and Exit:
    • Save your changes and exit BIOS. Restart your computer to see if it boots into Windows.

2. Check Physical Connections

• Turn off your computer and unplug it.
  • Open the case and ensure the hard drive cables (both power and data) are securely connected.
  • Check for any visible damage or loose connections.

3. Run System Diagnostics

• Use the built-in HP System Diagnostics to check for hardware issues.
    • Power on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
    • Press F2 to run System Diagnostics.
    • Run the extensive hard drive test to check for issues.

4. Use Windows Installation Media

Since you have a Windows 10 installation USB, you can use it to repair your system or reinstall Windows.

1. Boot from USB:
    • Insert the USB flash drive into the computer.
    • Restart the computer and enter BIOS/UEFI (usually F10, F2, Esc, or Del).
    • Set the USB drive as the first boot device and save the changes.
    • Restart the computer to boot from the USB drive.
  2. Repair Your Computer:
    • Once booted from the USB, select your language preferences and click Next.
    • Click "Repair your computer" at the bottom left.
    • Select "Troubleshoot" > "Advanced options" > "Startup Repair" to attempt a repair.
  3. Reinstall Windows:
    • If startup repair doesn't work, you can perform a clean installation of Windows.
    • Boot from the USB drive again, and after selecting language preferences, click "Install now."
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Be sure to select the correct hard drive partition for the installation.

5. Check for Intel Optane Issues

If your computer has Intel Optane memory, it might need reconfiguration:

1. Disable Intel Optane in BIOS:
    • Enter BIOS/UEFI setup.
    • Look for an Intel Rapid Storage Technology or Optane Memory setting and disable it.
    • Save and exit BIOS, then try to boot again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.