Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've been having with my computer where it's asking me to restart at least once or twice every day. As you see the computer is an hp all in one 2014 desktop and message in the other picture is the notifications I get throughout the day. If I keep pressing "wait an hour" option it will eventually reset automatically. When it does it erases pretty much everything during the reset. None of my history is on the computer which means I have to re-log into every site I us every time this happens. Keep in mind this reset happens at least once a day, sometimes it happens twice. I've tried computer off and back on, but the notifications keep popping up. I also noticed the message said something about the computer being on low battery, but I checked the charger and everything is at full power. I have windows 10 with this computer, but I'm not sure if this is a windows issue or just a hardware issue with the computer itself. Sorry if I'm not explaining this well, but I'm not exactly the most tech savy guy. If there's any advice on why this might be happening, I'd really appreciate it. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/5RrcrOa

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Happydudey , welcome to the forum.

If you haven't done so recently, I suggest that you reset your computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04742289

You will have to backup your personal data just to be safe.  There is an option to allow you to keep all of your files, but things do happen.  This is why I suggest that you do a backup.  I do this at least once per year.  It takes some time, but the difference in the way the computer runs makes it worthwhile.

If you haven't done this since 2014 it is time.  It will get rid of all of the glitches that have occurred.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.