Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently got verizon basic internet and uploaded an older model of FOSCAM FI8910W. since then I keep getting a popup for HIGH CPU.   Is this something I can fix and how... my computer literacy has gone from being able to build my computer 15 years ago to living under  a rock today... Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@xoxThatGirl 

What folks tend to overlook is that cameras today are high def devices and streaming with them, whether your watching videos, or participating in a Zoom online meeting, can be very demanding of the processor.

From that message, it looks like the camera is placing too high a demand on your processor.  But, with Zoom, you can lower that demand by changing some settings -- you should look at the FORSCOM software to see if you have similar options.

Also, you need to know that the camera is likely to be on ALL THE TIME!  I have mine, which is an HP camera, covered with Gorilla tape when I am not using it.  Not paranoid -- just don't want to be spied on.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@xoxThatGirl 

While I appreciate the analogy you made -- there is really nothing we here can do about the FOSCAM software or the camera problem.  I did a quick search on that and found there were some firmware updates being offered.

The first thing I would do is uninstall the camera software and reboot and see if that helps.

Even if it does or does not, you really need to contact the FOSCAM support folks to find out about their software and if there are firmware updates that apply to your model camera.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thank you so much @WaWood for your response.  Just to be on the same page, you think the installation of the camera software could be the culprit of the High CPU.   I worked so hard to finally figure out how to install it, I'd hate to have to remove it again, but if it's a question of frying the computer and getting rid of it, we both know the correct answer.   The message has only popped up 2x since 8 am this morning... hoping it didn't mean it, but that's me being foolish, huh... 😞 😞

HP Recommended

scratch that- 3x attached is a screen shot of itcpu.jpg

HP Recommended

@xoxThatGirl 

What folks tend to overlook is that cameras today are high def devices and streaming with them, whether your watching videos, or participating in a Zoom online meeting, can be very demanding of the processor.

From that message, it looks like the camera is placing too high a demand on your processor.  But, with Zoom, you can lower that demand by changing some settings -- you should look at the FORSCOM software to see if you have similar options.

Also, you need to know that the camera is likely to be on ALL THE TIME!  I have mine, which is an HP camera, covered with Gorilla tape when I am not using it.  Not paranoid -- just don't want to be spied on.

HP Recommended

thank you so much, if only I could keep you on speed dial for all my techy stuff.... trying to remem how to resetup chromecast... this stuff used to come easy to me... older I get, less practice I have the harder it gets

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.