Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello.  I just received a Windows Recovery kit for a computer that I was advised to return while I was waiting for the recovery kit to arrived.  I would like to return this unopened, unused recovery kit for a refund.  How do I do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Resolution:

Final conversation was with an employee at 'Computer Support', 1-844-760-7206.

The fix was as simple as the HP employee noting on my CSO that I wanted a return.  The media will be in the mail, back to HP, tomorrow.

Hewlett-Packard...There numerous issues with your company, two of which are listed below.

First, your home consumer products do not last.  If they did, I imagine that HP would not be the most prevalent brand of refurbished equipment on the market.  A simple search on any number of computer sales websites will validate this claim.

Second.  As mentioned in a previous post, your service philosophy is horrible.  It took over an hour, and multiple transfers, to finally speak with an employee who cared enough to find the correct answer(thank you Edgar).

This company was once a power house.  Until simple issues such as these are addressed, HP will continue to be a low performer in the home consumer computer market.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JPerkins22 

If you bought that from HP, then you would have to contact HP Customer Support because we have no authority here to deal with returns.

To contact HP Support  Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello.  If you still have it, what system is it for?   Perhaps that's what I need and can buy it from you.

Jeff

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 790-0021 Minitower Gaming PC, Intel i5-8400 2.80GHz, 8GB DDR4, 1TB SATA HDD + 16GB PCIe SSD, GTX 1060 3GB, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10H

Trying to get in contact with the correct HP department is nearly impossible.  What a frustrating experience.  

HP Recommended

Resolution:

Final conversation was with an employee at 'Computer Support', 1-844-760-7206.

The fix was as simple as the HP employee noting on my CSO that I wanted a return.  The media will be in the mail, back to HP, tomorrow.

Hewlett-Packard...There numerous issues with your company, two of which are listed below.

First, your home consumer products do not last.  If they did, I imagine that HP would not be the most prevalent brand of refurbished equipment on the market.  A simple search on any number of computer sales websites will validate this claim.

Second.  As mentioned in a previous post, your service philosophy is horrible.  It took over an hour, and multiple transfers, to finally speak with an employee who cared enough to find the correct answer(thank you Edgar).

This company was once a power house.  Until simple issues such as these are addressed, HP will continue to be a low performer in the home consumer computer market.

HP Recommended

@JPerkins22

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

In an exchange of messages, it was mentioned my case would be forwarded for follow-up.  As of today, I have yet to receive a refund for the unused recovery media.  According to USPS, they delivered the media to HP on 4/17/20.

Can you please provide me with an update?

Thank You.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.