Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

One of my nephews has blocked or removed or SOMETHING a website that his younger cousin (my other nephew) uses practicall every day and will not restore it!! I have been trying for over 4 hours to fix it and I am literally in tears!! NONE of the online sites I am finding can tell me how to unblock it! I get the same promps over and over and they do not work. Is there some "covert" way to block a website? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@auntkingy

Do you know which software they used to block the site ? You have to use THAT software to unblock it. The following link sows few normall ways (w/o THAT software):

https://fossbytes.com/how-to-access-blocked-websites-6-easy-ways/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@auntkingy

Do you know which software they used to block the site ? You have to use THAT software to unblock it. The following link sows few normall ways (w/o THAT software):

https://fossbytes.com/how-to-access-blocked-websites-6-easy-ways/

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien! I was able to use Google Translate to access the site. You are a lifesver! If you have ever had to deal with a a child denied access to his favorite game (and 2 fighting about it!!) then you know why I was going crazy over this!! I appreciate this more than you will ever know!! You are amazing!!!!

HP Recommended

@auntkingy

You are welcome.

I may have to deal with my grand kids, lucky they are a bit long way from me. But I still have to deal with many questions from their parents.  

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

From a command-line prompt, enter:

TYPE C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Ignore any line starting with '#', and tell us what lines are remaining.

It's possible that a line pointing a name, e.g., 'www.hp.com' to an IP-address, e.g., '8.8.8.8', has been added.

So, instead of seeing HP's home-page, you will get an error-message.

What web-browser are you using?

Some web-browsers can mark a web-site as being "restricted".

Or, have any "Parental Controls" been added?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.