Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion a6230n

Hello, I am trying to sell an old HP desktop I have lying around on Amazon.

But in order for me to post it on Amazon, I need to create a new listing, since nobody else is selling it. To create a new listing, I need a unique product code for the desktop computer. I'm looking to get the Universal Product Code (UPC). A UPC is the barcode that would be scanned at the point of sale when someone buys something.

I have a few other computers I'm trying to sell, and on Toshiba's website the very first manual that I open for a laptop shows me the UPC. HP's manuals don't.

I've tried calling customer service. And both times I either got hung up on or disconnected. It's very frustrating because I have a very basic question, and to no avail have I gotten an answer yet.

If anybody can find the UPC for the HP Pavilion a6230n, and tell me how to get UPCs for HP products in the future, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @RYoder15,

There is not much else I can suggest.  I tried extensively to see if I could find anything in regards to that information, without success.  Perhaps if you are able to find the packaged product in the store?  I was able to find the product listed on Amazon here: HP Pavilion a6230n Desktop PC

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @RYoder15,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the UPC issue, and wanted to assist you!  Are you unable to find that information, using the stickers that are on the desktop?  If not there, then you can try the box that shipped with the product.  You may find the information there.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Hello.

I don't see anything in the computer itself, and I was given the computer a while ago, so I do not have the box unfortunately. Is there anything else you can suggest to help me?

Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello @RYoder15,

There is not much else I can suggest.  I tried extensively to see if I could find anything in regards to that information, without success.  Perhaps if you are able to find the packaged product in the store?  I was able to find the product listed on Amazon here: HP Pavilion a6230n Desktop PC

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
That's actually perfect! I wasn't able to find it on Amazon myself. Even though the listing doesn't give me the UPC, it gives me the ASIN, which suffices as a unique product ID.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.