Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello,

I have a HP Thin Client T630 with "Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (64 bits)".

• Is this the same as Windows 10 Embedded or Windows 10 IoT?
  • If yes, I read somewhere the Windows 10 product code should be in the BIOS. Is this code readable for me or is it encrypted? In other words, can I just download an installer and run it without knowing the code myself?
  • Does someone know which installer I should use when my current version is Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (64 bits)?

Many thanks in advance!

SJW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
can this help?

https://www.hp.com/us-en/solutions/cloud-computing/thin-client-software.html

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05211374.pdf

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@sjwestra 

To answer your questions ...

1) No, these are all different versions of Windows

2) Probably not possible.  Why? Because the Enterprise version does not use a local product like like the Retail or OEM versions do.  Enterprise is only available legally through a company that has a license to distribute it to their employees.  You can not purchase it legally on the market. 

So basically, you have to go back to the company that supplied you with the Enterprise OS and have them provide you both the install media and the means of contacting their license server so you can activate it once it is reinstalled.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @sjwestra 

Below is the link to the HP Quickspecs for your PC.

HP t630 Thin Client

The operating systems that could have been supplied by HP can be found on page 3.

HP Smart Zero Core
HP ThinPro
Windows Embedded Standard 7E
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

If you post the product number of your T630, I will look up the parts list for it and see if it provides which operating system was originally installed.

Mine came with HP ThinPro, but I had a W7 Pro license and key so I installed W7 Pro 64 bit and took the free upgrade to W10 Pro 64 bit.

I replaced the 8 GB SSD with a 250 GB SSD and installed 16 GB of memory.

It runs pretty good with that setup.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thanks, do you mean the serial number that can be found in HP System Information?

Thanks

SJW

HP Recommended

Hi:

No, I mean the product number.

It should be in the same place as the serial number but it looks like this...

5ES85EA#ABA

HP Recommended

Ah...clear!

The Product No. is X4X22AA#ABB

Kind regards,

SJW

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the product number does not provide any details regarding the operating system that originally came with the PC.

HP PartSurfer

So you can do two other things to find that out.

1. Input the serial number in the search window at the link below and it may provide additional details.

HP PartSurfer

2. Open the little slide out drawer on the top of the device with the HP logo on it, and there should be a sticker that tells you what OS it came with.

See chapter 1, page 4 of the Hardware Reference guide for what I am referring to.

Hardware Reference Guide (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hello
can this help?

https://www.hp.com/us-en/solutions/cloud-computing/thin-client-software.html

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05211374.pdf

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

this looks like the tool I was looking for.

I will try later on and let you know.

thanks!

SJW

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. My T630 was delivered with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.

In the meantime, with HP ThinUpdate I managed to create a recovery image of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise on a bootable USB stick and refresh my thin client with that same USB stick.

Thanks again,

SJW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.