Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0155t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use EASEUS TODO Backup to backup my computers.  I created an emergency startup cd using the Easeus software but my new hp pavilion TP01-0155t will not boot from it.  I need the exact uefi/bios setting allowing boot from a cd or usb flash drive.  The emergency boot disk that I created works just fine on my two year old hp laptop and my four year old HP Envy desktop.  It has to be the way I am setting up the boot order.  Would appreciate any solutions you might have.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to boot from a CD or DVD, you have to enable the legacy mode and disable the secure boot settings in the BIOS.

See this link for the settings to change. This applies to all HP PC's that came with W8 or newer installed from the factory.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

You shouldn't need to change the settings if you can make a bootable USB rescue drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.