billco99
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to set uefi/bios to boot off cd drive or usb flash drive

HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0155t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use EASEUS TODO Backup to backup my computers.  I created an emergency startup cd using the Easeus software but my new hp pavilion TP01-0155t will not boot from it.  I need the exact uefi/bios setting allowing boot from a cd or usb flash drive.  The emergency boot disk that I created works just fine on my two year old hp laptop and my four year old HP Envy desktop.  It has to be the way I am setting up the boot order.  Would appreciate any solutions you might have.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,130 122,307 20,104 30,829
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to boot from a CD or DVD, you have to enable the legacy mode and disable the secure boot settings in the BIOS.

See this link for the settings to change. This applies to all HP PC's that came with W8 or newer installed from the factory.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

You shouldn't need to change the settings if you can make a bootable USB rescue drive.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation