Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
My computer won't boot past the blue hp
Invent screen . I took the sides off the computer. I booted it up and I figured out what the noise I was hearing was and where it was coming from. It's the hard drive making a noise like a fan starting up then a loud clicking noise . Then it stops trying to load and repeats a few times then quits. I unplugged the power to the hard drive now it
will load when I unplug it but I can't do anything with no hard drive.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your hdd has failed. If you are still in warranty, contact HP to send a new hdd. If you are outside warranty it will be much less expensive to purchase a retail hdd to replace the original. Hope you have a Recovery Disk set?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

IT seems to be a Hardware issue, please contact HP to get the PC repaired.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Your hdd has failed. If you are still in warranty, contact HP to send a new hdd. If you are outside warranty it will be much less expensive to purchase a retail hdd to replace the original. Hope you have a Recovery Disk set?

HP Recommended
Thats what I thought . I am going to see if my very geeky friend can fix it. Or buy a new hard drive or a new computer . Not sure yet. Thank you very much for your replies.
HP Recommended
Reply to the last part. I didn't have anything important .
HP Recommended

You should be able to purchase a new hdd for around $40-50.Be sure to get one at least as large a capacity as the original to be able to use HP Recovery Disks to reinstall your OS & software. If you do not have Recovery Media to reinstall OS, they can be ordered from HP for around $20_unless it is an older XP machine,may not be available at HP.

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem with my HP Pavilion a6560t, and this started right after windows vista blue screened.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.