Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion a000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am having trouble getting Windows 10 installed on an old PC that was designed for Windows XP but the operating system but the files of the operating system has been destroyed but I wondering if you can log in to the PC then try to restore it

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
Normally, we don't do that here, and you should avoid the inconvenience of doing it!
And anyway if the computer does not start anymore, it is not that simple!
This computer is certainly too old for windows 10 ..
If you do not have the original reinstallation discs, you must find a windows xp cd, same version ..
provided you always have the label with the windows key number

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP pavilion a000  real desktops (circa 2008) a 12 year old PC  with XP the OS virus magnet.

some old PCs this old  run 32bit but NOT THIS PC.

you asked for recovery mode,  on most HP it is F11 key and if the hDD  is bad or corrupted no F11 image mode recovery can work and  would be  XP,  soo... ?  (where is this 12 year old HDD that still is good,  be front page news at NewsMAX.

W10 fresh from MS ?  on USB stick build with MS builder? (64bit is no good get 32bit installer only)

and it told you PC is NON COMPLIANT RIGHT?  it sure did not lie to you if it told you that. (32bit tried ONLY)

for sure HP does not support this PC with modern OS W10.

here is the NO list,

no 64bit support at all , the advanced Intel features box is all NO';s down the page, intel.com

32bit fails on Prescott D340 celeron 2004 , sure will. 

512MB ram NO GO.

Intel i845GV chipset  NO GO>

iGPU, not supported

nor sound chip

and lan. chip (ethernet)

fails on 7 major fronts,  why not just buy a newer PC like 2010 up.   or Z600 from HP or newer. (used market)

sorry time to move up stream !

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

If we do not know the exact model, apart from extrapolated ...
We can have for example:
hp pavilion a110.be release 2003
For many models under xp, you will be able to type the f11 key millions of times for nothing
Having owned a pavilion under xp, you had to use the f10 key
As mentioned :
During the startup, do the following to enter
the system recovery program:
When the blue screen with the
HP Invent
logo
appears, press the F10 key on the keyboard.
(You have only a few seconds to press the
F10 key before the normal startup process
continues.)
Follow the onscreen instructions. If you created
recovery CDs (see page 95), then you may be
directed to insert recovery CD # 1.
Complete the PC startup, and finish
the registration process. Then reconnect
all peripheral device

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I just want to make the PC working again so I could sell it but I´m gonna have to upgrade the Memory Ram and put a new Hard Drive because that could be the reason that Windows 10 doesn´t want to install

HP Recommended

Sorry that may not be enough ...
but once again, if you do not know the model of the computer, difficult to answer!
Now if you think about reselling it, you will incur costs, for not much!
There are very good computers for not too expensive, and quite recent!
Your computer looks very old, I don't see much point in buying this even if you have windows 10 installed on it!
Personally I will not give more than 40 €!
Save it just in case, or donate to someone in need would be nicer!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.