Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I suddenly was unable to attach files to my email.  When I hit the browse files button, it does nothing.  Today I also discovered I can't upload a photo to Amazon.com for development.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Rad58 

Unless you're using MS Outlook, you're accessijng your email via a browser, and the other issue is browser-related, too.

If you're using the old Edge browser, that could be the issue as MS has stopped supporting that.  

You should either upgrade to the new Edge browser, or try using another one like FireFox or Opera.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

This is a sudden issue.  Never had the problem before.  I'm using google chrome. I have only had this computer a year and a half.

HP Recommended

@Rad58 

Yeah -- but Windows Update downloads and installs updates without your knowledge and permission every week.  Could be one of the recent ones that caused the problem -- and we have no way of debugging that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

It could be a new chrome extension, a windows firewall update, or even a need to update chrome.

First make sure Adobe Flash didn't get disabled in Chrome somehow.
(Go to Settings/Advanced/Flash/Allow Sites)
The attachment up-loader of Gmail uses Flash.

If Flash was Disabled go see if you can attach something, if not:

Update Adobe Flash(an out-dated version will cause it also):

Go to https://www.adobe.com and click on Flash Player.

If it's not the latest version it'll tell you and have an Install Now button.

Open and install it once it's downloaded.

Then restart Chrome and try again.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.