Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Prod #H3263AAHABA.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I lost my access to wi fi. I am using a cable from router to get on line. I was doing an upgrade of norton security to norton 360 security That is where I think something happened. I got a rep from norton on line and they removed all norton from computer. Still Unable to see available networks via wi Fi. they said contact provider which is Century link.Only my computer is affected. My phone and laptop see all the available networks. A separate twist is

I am using 64 bit win 10, Os. I was informed my computer will not support past win 8.1 ? I have been using W10 since they gave the win 10 upgrade from win 8.1. It appears my computer has little support on the hp site maybe due to  of age ?

The computer has been excellent and have had little to no problems. I tried a roll back previous to my problem date. No success. tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall. none there either. Looking for some help !!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have heard/seen that Norton can cause those kind of issues.  The WiFi is a minor issue but in order to get back to a good install, it might be prudent to just move all of the important data to a safe separate media.  You cab try the clean Norton download to see if that fixes a problem.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v15972972

Clean all of that out and do not reinstall Norton.  If that does not allow the WiFi drivers, etc to come back, then you are in a position to do a clean Windows 10 install.  See here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can click on the "Windows 10 November 2019 Update" Update now button or scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions to create installation media and reinstall Windows "clean"  That is - once the install media is made, pick Custom install, then delete all of the partitions while in that install process,  and install this new Windows 10.  Tell the install to skip inputting of a product key and proceed with the install.   Be sure to pick the same version as already installed.  You can check that from the Windows settings page/  Pick "System" and then the "About" screen.  Of course to that before doing any of the reinstall.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.