Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy TE0l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product 7BB48AV

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

E: drive is sometimes hidden because it contains the Recovery Software.

A good Partition Manager  may show/unhide it.

BUT if it is the Recovery area and it is altered then it may not function.

Is there a need or reason to access E:  ?

HP Recommended

This did not resolve my problem.

HP Recommended

@woophily,

I realize that you have a problem, but what is it? Put aside the frustration and help us help you.

You come here asking for advice, and do not explain the context of the problem.

Your computer: HP ENVY DESKTOP - TE01-0150XT CTO

C: is that 256GB SSD,  D" is the DVD drive, E: is the 2TB hard drive.

how to find those partitions, or disks/ devices:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/check-partitions-hard-drive-54782.html

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I apologize for not being computer savvy.  I've read the responses and don't understand them.  In Windows 7 I was able to back up files on a drive called E drive.  When I tried to back up a file on my new computer, there was only D drive, and there was no other option other than to back up on the desk top, where it is now.  I went into file management and changed the letter D to E and then tried to back up the file.  I could tell it was attempting to back up in the CD/DVD tray, but I kept getting the message that there was no disc.  I changed the type of disc more than once, and I continued to get the message.  When I go into File Explorer, it only shows E drive (DVD) (since I changed D to E).  I've searched for help on my computer every way I can find, and nothing has helped.  Again, I'm not very knowledgeable with computer terminology. 

HP Recommended

@woophily,

You have to forget WIN 7 logic.  Put the drive letters back to original.

There is an unused 2TB (2000 GB) hard drive in that unit.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

In answer to your question, my Product #  is 7BB48AV.  I will put the drive letters back to D from E that I made the change to.  I don't understand what you mean by having "an unused 2TB (2000 GB) hard drive in that unit."  Also, I still need to know how to back up a document, i.e. from my Quicken program. 

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.