Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M1Q27AA

Cant turn on the Pc ,It displays the message "No boot device found".I cant even get the troubleshoot window to open...I havent installed any external had drives,etc. Leagacy support is disabled ..The hard drive test (extensive and intesive) Have passed.Please tell me a solution to this..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP can display a blue screen error or Windows can do this. HP's blue screen is usually caused by HDD failure or loose connections to the drive. Windows can do this if there is a problem loading Windows.

I would think you have a Windows problem if HP Diagnostics HDD tests pass.

This site (Link) has tips on fixing Windows 10 startup problems. Click on "How to fix blue screen problems without Desktop access". It is best to use Windows Installation media (USB or DVD) to troubleshoot Windows startup problems.

W 8.1 and W10 troubleshooting steps are similar.You can download W8.1 at this (Link) if you are not using W10.

You can also try a Startup Repair as you run through the suggested troubleshooting steps at this site.

You may be forced to reinstall Windows if you cannot fix this problem. I hope you back up data.

You could pull the HDD, connect it to a different PC as a data drive, then backup data before you reinstall Windows.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.