Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 450-130hk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My PC experience STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE problem on the Intel Management Engine Interface.  Is there any updated driver from HP?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@TerenceLam

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your PC gives an error message "STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Have you performed all the Windows Update?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

You could download the latest drivers from our HP website: Click here

If the issue continues, let's install all the available Windows Update,

• Click on Start
  • Select Update & Security
  • From the left panel of the main window switch to Windows Update
  • Click on scan for new system updates
  • When completed, reboot your machine and check if the status_device_power_failure error is still there

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Flower_Bud

Both windows update and lastest windows update are done before, but problem still exist.  Please help.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@TerenceLam

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Let's uninstall Intel Management Engine Interface driver and reinstall it again.

Go to Device Manager > Under System Devices, select Intel Management Engine Interface > Right click and uninstall it >Restart your PC.

Then reinstall drivers from HP Support Assistant. 

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I uninstall the driver successfully. Howevever, I tried to install the driver from HP Support Assistant.   No drivers are installed and problem still exist. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@TerenceLam

Thanks for your reply,

You could try to install the latest drivers from our HP website: Click here

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried to reinstall the driver again.  But problem still exist.  I got that error message from log

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_2B2C103C&REV_04\3&11583659&1&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem60.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC000009E

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@TerenceLam,

I am responding on behalf of @Flower_Bud as she is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine on the computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Always include version of Windows.

Read this at the Microsoft forum.

I'd start with clearing BIOS (eg, closing publish over there):

Reboot and right away press F2 to open BIOS setup
Copy down all present day settings
Power off, unplug
Press/hold energy button for ~15 sec
Open case and put off motherboard battery
Press/hold electricity button for ~30 sec
Reinstall the battery
Close case and reboot

click here https://windowserrors.org/intel-management-engine-interface-driver-windows-10-not-working-error/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.