Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

risk.jpgSurprises are at times peculiar. Your desktop is on one end and my is the opposite. I also ran Intel DiscoveryTool.GUI with Virtual Memory enable and disable. It told me that "This System is not vulnerable". I have mix feelings that is going to be unnerving for me. Processor is solder to the board, possible no update for this type of CPU. Only patients, is my only option. I'll keep you post on what Hewlett-Packard issue any updates for this system.

Regards Redscarlett

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yesterday (Sunday January 14, 2018) I took time to update some of my machines including my loaner which is an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2. They are all Windows 10 (Pro and Home):

1. I used a fix from HP for the Elitebook, result

checker2.png

2. I could not find a fix for other machines therefore I use Microsoft updates including KB4056892  and results

Before

checker.png

after

checker1.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
@redscarlett: the test tool you used has nothing to do with meltdown or spectre. Your system is still vulnerable.
HP Recommended

@treysis -- is there a reason why you just said to @redscarlett that your sytem is still vulnerable?? I would like to see your reason for this to @redscarlett.

John

HP Recommended

Patient is all I got.

HP Recommended

@jpmackay1: Well, if @redscarlett only used the Intel-SA-00086 detection tool and didn't install any other updates, then the system is vulnerable. If @redscarlett installed the latest Windows updates, then at least the system SHOULD be patched against Meltdown, that is unless there's a non-compatible anti-virus software. Because Microsoft stated, that some anti-virus software is incompatible with the update, and therefor those systems won't receive the Windows update.

As for Spectre, if @redscarlett didn't install any BIOS update, then Spectre mitigation cannot work.

Since @redscarlett didn't mention any of this, this is why I ultimately assumed his system is still vulnerable!

HP Recommended

unclean.jpg

System Information

Born on Date: 07/25/2015

System ID: 2B28

BIOS REV.: NUT vA0.10

BIOS Date: 01/15/2016

I've try to install A0.10 03/09/2016. The result was as expected.

Patients is all I got. KB4056898 and KB4056895 is installed. KB4056892 for Windows 10 took 3 attempts in 120 minute.

Time to turn on the toaster oven to high. put the PITA in and scorch it. That is a Intel Logo.

Regards Redscarlett5  

HP Recommended

Further movement, on revision 5 now:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05869091

OMEN X by HP 870-xxx
Feb. 9
Feb. 9
Feb. 9

Not sure if it's not a typo (has there ever been an Omen X 870-xxx on the market?) but hey!

HP Recommended

Finally to see HP have the patch for all of Omen #870-xxx desktops but why wait till Feb 9th. I guess that HP want to have more testing before release the patch to all Omen #870-xxx desktop users.

Thank you,

John

HP Recommended

Intel has pulled all microcode updates. Will take some time before new BIOS updates will be available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.