Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p2-1033w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

my desktop runs so slow is it possible to update to windows 10 and how? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
Sorry, but you may think that this will be better with the installation of windows 10
This pc, is of a very very fast configuration!
It is only equipped with only 3 GB of RAM memory
an inefficient processor
At best if windows is a slow one, you can try a factory re installation, it can give it a little boost
Then I think that we should not spend too much money on this computer!

HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC Product Specifications

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Sammyia 

I heartily support what @Prométhée has already told you about not spending much money on this.

Wanted to add some limitations you may not be aware of:

1) Memory -- you are running 32-bit, which limits you to accessing about 3.5GB of memory, regardless of how much you have installed.  So, adding more memory is going to provide no improvement.

2) Processor -- the one you have is soldered to the motherboard, not socketed -- so you can't replace it with a faster processor

3) Windows version -- you are using 32-bit Windows, and while it is POSSIBLE to upgrade that to Windows 10, that will not buy you anything because you can't upgrade a 32-bit version of one Windows OS to a 64-bit version of the same, or another, version Windows OS.

4) Performance, given your low-end processor and RAM limits, it is very unlikely that Upgrading to Win10 will accomplish anything -- and that is presuming such an upgrade would work.  I have a bunch of OLDER PCs that came with Win7, have been upgraded to Win10, and in all those cases, they run faster under the older Win7.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

yes, as I said @Sammyia the best option to find a pc can be a little faster, will be to reinstall windows 7
So if you want to try to save all your personal data, on a usb hard drive for example!

Here are the HP procedures:

Performing an HP System Recovery

if possible you have to create  recovery discs

Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.