Sammyia
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Is it possible for me to update to windows 10

HP Recommended
p2-1033w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

my desktop runs so slow is it possible to update to windows 10 and how? 

3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
Sorry, but you may think that this will be better with the installation of windows 10
This pc, is of a very very fast configuration!
It is only equipped with only 3 GB of RAM memory
an inefficient processor
At best if windows is a slow one, you can try a factory re installation, it can give it a little boost
Then I think that we should not spend too much money on this computer!

HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC Product Specifications

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,807 32,707 2,976 7,306
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sammyia 

I heartily support what @Prométhée has already told you about not spending much money on this.

Wanted to add some limitations you may not be aware of:

1) Memory -- you are running 32-bit, which limits you to accessing about 3.5GB of memory, regardless of how much you have installed.  So, adding more memory is going to provide no improvement.

2) Processor -- the one you have is soldered to the motherboard, not socketed -- so you can't replace it with a faster processor

3) Windows version -- you are using 32-bit Windows, and while it is POSSIBLE to upgrade that to Windows 10, that will not buy you anything because you can't upgrade a 32-bit version of one Windows OS to a 64-bit version of the same, or another, version Windows OS.

4) Performance, given your low-end processor and RAM limits, it is very unlikely that Upgrading to Win10 will accomplish anything -- and that is presuming such an upgrade would work.  I have a bunch of OLDER PCs that came with Win7, have been upgraded to Win10, and in all those cases, they run faster under the older Win7.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, as I said @Sammyia the best option to find a pc can be a little faster, will be to reinstall windows 7
So if you want to try to save all your personal data, on a usb hard drive for example!

Here are the HP procedures:

Performing an HP System Recovery

if possible you have to create  recovery discs

Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation