Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Obeslisk Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently received my desktop in the mail, and I have owned it for less than 48 hours at this point. My issue is that my computer appears to have an issue with streaming any videos or music from online. I have tried Youtube, Twitch, Google Play Music, and even audiocheck.net. The webpage loads fine, but the stream buffers infinitely. In the case of live streams (such as Twitch) the stream will eventually begin playing at 1 frame every few seconds with no audio.

This problem appears to extend to my videogames, where when I open something from Steam either the game application shows a black screen, or no game application appears in the task bar. 

I have had had success removing this problem by restarting my computer, but that has proven to be an unreliable fix. 

Here is my product info:

Product name: OMEN by HP Obeslisk Desktop 875-0xxx

Product number: 4WP44AV

Processor: Intel(R) Core i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve my issue with the help of a HP Support representative over the phone. I did a factory reset of my computer and was sure to install updates from the HP Support Assistant prior to any windows updates. The phone technician said I may have had a generic driver installed somewhere that was causing necessary services to crash on my computer.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wyrmclan 

This could be a Browser issue -- at least, let's hope it's that simple.

MS just RETIRED their old Internet Explorer browser, so if you are using that, it is a major issue.

What I would do is try using ookla speedtest using each of the different Browsers (i.e., FireFox, Opera, New Edge) and seeing which one performs better -- and seeing if that addresses the buffering issue.

Even if that works, You should not be having problems like this with a new PC!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your PC, so while this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve my issue with the help of a HP Support representative over the phone. I did a factory reset of my computer and was sure to install updates from the HP Support Assistant prior to any windows updates. The phone technician said I may have had a generic driver installed somewhere that was causing necessary services to crash on my computer.

Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.