Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 795-0030 CTO Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last week I installed Windows 10 1903 security updates for April 2020. When the computer finished the installation, I began getting BSOD  "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". Before I install any Windows updates I run a full antivirus scan, Malwarebytes scan, I update my drivers through HP if there are any to update (in this case none were needing to update) then I run at the admin command prompt dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth and sfc /scannow. All scans were clean. Then I do a full image backup with Acronis TI and validate and test the image. Everything worked fine in the backup test. I then set a restore point. After all of this I installed the updates. After the updates were installed I ran the dism and sfc scans. The sfc scan was corrupt and said it repaired the corruption, I reran it to be sure. Then I began getting blue screens. At first they were few but now they are many. I tried to get into the screen to uninstall the Windows updates but it will no longer allow me to get to this screen, and the same with the control panel nor will it allow me to run the sfc scan. The sfc scan states that the files are missing. I was able to run the antivirus and Malwarebytes and there are no viruses or malware. Also all of my restore points were removed. Before installing the windows updates I never had any blue screens or any problems with this computer. I attempted to run Acronis and reinstall my image but something stops it from wiping the hard drive and installing the image.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.