Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Aramtech, what is the latest database you have for Windows defender?

HP Recommended

@siradix wrote:

Security Intelligence version: 1.315.1140.0

Created on: 5/21/2020 7:38am

Last Update: 5/21/2020 12:47pm

HP Recommended

Also having this problem on my HP Omen desktop! Started on 5/19 randomly. Computer would loop through this and any attempt to fix it just seemed to make it worse. After a reinstall while  keeping my files it seemed good for a day, but then it started happening again. Did a full reset and paused windows updates afterwards... so far so good today. Thank goodness I'm not the only one... hopefully there's a fix without tweaking around soon.

HP Recommended

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

Do you still get a BSOD? For 1909 there is a 1.315.1141.0 KB2267602.

HP Recommended

@AndWho2 wrote:

Also having this problem on my HP Omen desktop! Started on 5/19 randomly. Computer would loop through this and any attempt to fix it just seemed to make it worse. After a reinstall while  keeping my files it seemed good for a day, but then it started happening again. Did a full reset and paused windows updates afterwards... so far so good today. Thank goodness I'm not the only one... hopefully there's a fix without tweaking around soon.

You can use  the "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter to hide the update and prevent it from being automatically reinstalled when updates are no longer paused. The troubleshooter is available here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...), the download link is toward the bottom of the page under the "Choose your automatic updates" heading.

HP Recommended

@Aramtech wrote:
@DarkMajin wrote:

Ah ha...so HP is saying that KB4556799 is an issue.

No, not just HP. See here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/05/21/microsoft-windows-10-warning-crashes-bsod-chrome...

Ok, this is my problem with that. All the issues listed in that article have been reported for months if not years with windows updates. I haven't had any of those while I've been using this system I purchased in February of last year. In fact, this is the first blue screen issue I've had with this system at all. AND, it doesn't list specifically indicate this error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,  without any further qualification, and everyone on this forum seems to be having this specific error without any further qualification or error reported and many have dug in further using bluesreen viewer and I was able to use something called dump debugger or something or the other I can't even remember, anyway, it said msmpeng.exe was specifically at fault initially. That doesn't really indicate where the problem is, it's just a clue. But if the problem isn't with HP software or Microsoft software, then where is it? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!

Obelisk 875-0060 , Edoras H370 chipset 84FD , Core I7-8700 , Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 , WIN10 Home 1909 Build 18363.836
HP Recommended

@siradix wrote:

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

That's the same KB# this one is showing as the latest installed. It also says that there are no further Windows Updates available to install. I've shut it down (Fast Startup is disabled) and/or restarted it over ten times and so far there have been no further problems. I'm about to call the client to come get it.

HP Recommended

@AndWho2 wrote:

I just want to check something, could you run adwcleaner and see if the hp touch point analytics is in the preinstalled software section?

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

That's the same KB# this one is showing as the latest installed. It also says that there are no further Windows Updates available to install. I've shut it down (Fast Startup is disabled) and/or restarted it over ten times and so far there have been no further problems. I'm about to call the client to come get it.

Update for defender might have done the trick.

HP Recommended

Update for defender might have done the trick.

Very possible. Good luck!

HP Recommended

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

@Aramtech wrote:

@siradix wrote:

Before calling your client, remember this issue started in the beginning of May before the KB was released.  From the first boot loop in early May, some of us did a restore and were running for a week or two with the latest updates before the latest BSOD. 

Also, try manually turning on and off Real-Time Protection in the Windows Security Settings.  If you don't get the  BSOD, then maybe you are good to go for now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.