Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-1010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My AOL account will not synchronise. This happened when the computer was new, it was fixed by MS in Windows  and has just dropped out again.

The two other accounts are working.

THe HP  Help was no use claiming they only dealt with hardware problems.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MARENG1 wrote:

..  THe HP  Help was no use claiming they only dealt with hardware problems.

@MARENG1 

That is True. For software, you have to contact software vendor(s). HP normally supports software for new machines for the first 3 months only.

Please ask AOL how to sync your account on multi devices or please try

https://help.**bleep**/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mai...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Bannhien, thank you for trying but in the link posted there has been a "bleep"  added after help, so it does not compute.  g-ml and BT mail I as able to set up myself, just following the prompts in Windows Mail but Aol failed to respond and it required somebody from Microsoft to fix it, though he was going round the same circles I was initially, but he did something that wasn't obvious from my side of the screen which fixed it and wouldn't say what.  What ever he did became unfixed 2 weeks ago. I have sent an email to AOL but they don't like people using 3rd party software which they class Windows/ Microsoft as but prefer you to use webmail so they can blast you with adverts.

I have been using a computer for over 20 years and HP /MS have always helped by sending me a procedure to follow. It seems all they want to do is pass me onto high priced call centres that are going to keep you waiting, when the fault is already written into the software.

I think its somewhere in the windows form that you fill out ie server . I assumed Aol, but that doesn't work, but its closer. 

Where it say server I will add  imap and see if that works tomorrow, though thats a protocol not a server. I will report back if that fixed it.

HP Recommended

Under "server" if I put imap  will that work, though imap is a protocol isn't it. 

Will try it tomorrow and report back.

HP Recommended

I decided to drop AOL and change stuff over. I can access AOL on Webmail so I check there now and then and inform senders of changed address.  I have had that address and supplier for 20 years, but its not what it was, plus I had started to get some of those funny emails from the armchair warriors. 

Even had trouble changing my email address for this forum,  unlike others you just edit.

Thanks for all who tried to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.