Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
QN618AA#SABA#DA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I open my picture file on the C drive i get several folders.  when i open a folder and then choose a picture to enlarge it just comes up a black screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amma73 

OK, then click on it once.  It will put up a windows with some icons in it which is a list of alternate apps you can use. Select Windows Photo Viewer.

Then, see if that works better.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Amma73 

You're mixing terms and that makes understanding the issue difficult.

A picture "file" contains an image, not folders.  Only a folder can contain other folders.

If you are using File Manager to open a picture file, it then probably  launches Windows Photo Viewer to see the picture.

To see what you are using, enter "defaults" (without the quotes) in the search area and choose Default Apps.  Then scroll down through the list until you see Photo Viewer and report back what it says there.

HP Recommended

It says Photos

HP Recommended

@Amma73 

OK, then click on it once.  It will put up a windows with some icons in it which is a list of alternate apps you can use. Select Windows Photo Viewer.

Then, see if that works better.

HP Recommended

That did it.. Thank you so much.  I guess an update changed something because i have been looking at these pictures for years without a problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.