Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
850150qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a few diagnostic error's recorded by tools 

need tech support phone # 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TedWCM574 

You have several issues ...

HP does not provide phone support in the US due to recent scamming of HP phone numbers.  So, there are no numbers we can provide you.

Tech Support has no way to recover any of your lost files -- but you might be able to recover them yourself if you have a working PC and are willing to do some work.

You mentioned several diagnostic errors but unless you provide those to us, we have no way of knowing what kind of assistance you need.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My computer started up as if it was the first time being used 

Lost all of my documents and picture files 

System Test shows IRQ & ROM test failed 

Not sure if hard drive is failing or not 

I have an on line back up but need to make sure what happened 

No Failure ID on the ROM Test 

IRQ Failure ID is  9G8D64-87MALV-QFFX7F-88CD13

I can't copy and paste full details 

Possible mother board failure ? Hard Drive Failure ??

HP Recommended

Also lost all of my desktop shortcut icons 

HP Recommended

@TedWCM574 

That failure code indicates the network chip no longer works, so you would not be able to do any networking.  You might have two such chips in a desktop -- one for Ethernet (wired) and one for WiFi (wireless).  It could be that only one chip has failed and you can continue to use the other one.

As to losing all the files and shortcuts, Unfortunately, this is not a new issue with Win10 Windows Updates.

Read this: https://www.howtogeek.com/658194/windows-10s-new-update-is-deleting-peoples-files-again/

It's an OLD thread -- but the issues with Windows Update continue to this day and the solutions remain the same.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.