Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a010 (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can I Add memory to my HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a010 (ENERGY STAR) Product V8P51AA which currently has 4.00 GB of Ram?

I Have Windows 10 Home

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Gary:

Yes, you can install up to 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L memory in your PC as indicated in the memory upgrade info at the link below:

HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a010 (ENERGY STAR) PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

These should be compatible 4 GB and 8 GB memory chips for your PC:

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial.com

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial.com

Below is the link to the service teardown video:

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP Slimline 260-a000 Desktop PC Series | HP Computer Service @HPSupport...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, Gary:

Yes, you can install up to 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L memory in your PC as indicated in the memory upgrade info at the link below:

HP Slimline Desktop - 260-a010 (ENERGY STAR) PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

These should be compatible 4 GB and 8 GB memory chips for your PC:

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial.com

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial.com

Below is the link to the service teardown video:

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP Slimline 260-a000 Desktop PC Series | HP Computer Service @HPSupport...

HP Recommended

hanks, Paul!   I'll order the chips.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

And, wow, the video instructions showing to replace the one memory board with the two new ones. are great!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.