Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

I have reinstaled Windows 2019 and I'am getting a couple of missing Device drivers :

- Base System Device

(PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B204&REV_03)

- IPMI Interface

(PCI\VEN_103C&DEV_3302&REV_00)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the first one, you need the cp029663 driver that I zipped up and attached below.

You will need to manually install the driver as follows...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the Base System Device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

For the second ID you need the cp029666 file that I zipped up and attached below.

Install it the same way, by clicking on the IPMI Interface device...

After you have installed both devices, restart the server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the first one, you need the cp029663 driver that I zipped up and attached below.

You will need to manually install the driver as follows...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the Base System Device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

For the second ID you need the cp029666 file that I zipped up and attached below.

Install it the same way, by clicking on the IPMI Interface device...

After you have installed both devices, restart the server.

HP Recommended

My server 2019 installation does not install using the instructions(I install things like this all the time) I actually prefer it over installing the junk software with the driver, but I even tried loading the executable (inside the unzipped folder) in compatibility mode for earlier versions and both fail in miserable fashion. Is there something else I need to do? Something I'm missing?

Again:

Trying to install both iLo drivers on a Server 2019 installation.

Thanks so much in advance!

RichterITWAN

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the devices you are trying to install have the exact same hardware ID's as the ones posted above, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you.

If the devices have different hardware ID's, please post them.

Use this guide to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Howdy. Thanks for responding. After burning up Google, I found a post on digital signatures. Windows security checks prevented installation. Disabled "digital signature" on the server temporarily allowed installation. Just went and enabled after install. DOS command was something like below.

Once the Command Prompt opens, type 

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

Worked like a charm!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it sorted out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.