Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P6336fb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At times, after the computer is put to sleep, the monitor and the external wireless adapter doesn't respond...If I turn the computer off for a while, most times it comes on.  I am trying to do long drive self test and it seems hung up on 10%. Not sure if that is normal and if that would even diagnose the problem. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cookie53 Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if monitor works fine on an alternate computer, if not available, check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or if you've got an option to check with another monitor and that doesn't work either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Riddle_Decipher....thank you for your response and suggestion....Unfortunately I do not have another computer to try...but last night, I noticed that when the 'noncommunication' happens, the lights on my keyboard (and the mouse) went off...so now I am wondering if it is a problem with them or the USB ports?  I have tried them in different USB ports...and when I put them into the front USB, they worked...until I shut the computer off for the night...turned it back on this morning, no lights on either of them...so I shut the computer off, unplugged it and pressed the power button...let it stay off for a while and when I turned the computer on, they both worked....today, I have not put my computer to sleep at all (because that was often when I would have the problem when I thought it was the monitor)....when I wasn't using my computer, I turned the monitor off...I do not have another keyboard or mouse to try...could it be the USB ports or the keyboard and mouse? Also, how can I tell what the problem is?  Thank you again!!

HP Recommended

Depends, is the monitor connected to the device via USB? If yes, try another adapter and yes, the other keyboard and mouse would help us identify the issue as well,

Let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.