Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I know absolutely nothing about computers but I recently purchased the following for my grandson.

Screenshot_20220312-120821_Chrome Beta.jpg

Screenshot_20220312-121405_Chrome Beta.jpg

 However when he switched it on this morning he got these 2 messages, can anyone please help he is so upset

20220312_115010.jpg

20220312_115022.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The top picture is not showing yet, but from the rest of the info, it would appear that the monitor is not connected or not connected properly.  It would be helpful if the model number was posted, so the proper info can be offered.

The info about the system would tend to imply that it is a desktop and the monitor has not been connected using the proper port.  It is showing the possible connections that should work are

1) Displayport

2) HDMI

3) VGA

That means a cable of the proper connection type be connected to the monitor and also the desktop.  Since the listing mentions a video card, then the connection from that card to the monitor is needed.  Displayport is common and so is HDMI.  VGA is not used as frequently in today's computing.

From the typical GeForce GT710 card, here are a typical output choices

2022_03_12_07_32_43_Window.jpg

If the card on the PC does not have the Displayport connection,  as indicated on the above picture but has the DVI connection, then do not use that port or get an adapter of DVI-D to Displayport.  However, the HDMI connection should work for a connection.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

hi

your image, does not identify the model of the computer!
the first, is not available, probably refused, or in the process of being validated, to be visible here!
that said, I see that a fairly old graphics card is mentioned, at least a not very powerful model

Mentioned windows 10 pro
which seems to me to disagree
but above all it is indicated Motherboard Minimum 2x ddr3 memory slots refurbished, not very clear
refurbished monitor, too?
500/700w power supply, you have to make a choice, it's 500 or 700w
all this, does not seem very clear, honest
I would advise you to give it all back and get your money back.
change seller

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.