Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer was purchased in August 19, was working fine but is now having an increasing number of problems.  The first problem was that it was losing wifi when it went to sleep and was unplugged. I followed instructions to for that not to happen and it continued. I then followed additional instructions to find a driver adapter that I don't seem to have so this problem continues..  The computer could not locate my network unless I restarted and then wifi would come on automatically. Then the computer would no longer restart-it was just process the "restart" until I forced a shut off. And now it will no longer shut down "cleanly". 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Did you buy this PC in August, 2019?

Please provide only a product number. This number should be on the Desktop chassis.

The HP software download site for your PC may have a newer WIFI driver for your PC. Or other drivers needed to correct the shutdown/restart problem.

You could also have a hardware problem. You could have system file problems. Run a check disk (Link).

I would contact HP Support (Link) if your PC is in warranty.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Thank you for your reply. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a very kind  and helpful person.  It seemed like everything was resolved but all the problems resurfaced by the next morning. I will need to contact them again.   I'm hoping this can be resolved remotely because I need my computer.  It is annoying and I can't use it unless I'm plugged in,  but I can hobble along until the end of the semester. What I can't do is send my computer back for repairs.  It is under warranty but I need it for school. 

HP Recommended

Hi Lepican,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.