Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically, one day I was cleaning my computer. I took out the power supply and wires, nothing was connected to the desktop nor the monitor. After I was done cleaning I reconnected everything and started it up. After that it showed something, it said CHoose Your Keyboard Layout. I clicked on the one I am associated with and then it popped up with, Choose an option. On the top it said Troubleshoot, and on the bottom, it said shut down your PC, I went into troubleshooting and tried all the options. Nothing worked! If anyone finds an answer thank you!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello!

Did you disconnect the hard drive? This could have possibly created an error.

Did you have any items you want to restore?
If not you can buy a new copy of Windows 10 or use the Win10 DvD.

Find a tutorial on Youtube of how to disconnect your hard drive and connect it to another desktop if you own one. If things load properly on the desktop you connected your hard drive to, its an issue with the other desktop, not the hard drive.

Best Regards, Damon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hello!

Did you disconnect the hard drive? This could have possibly created an error.

Did you have any items you want to restore?
If not you can buy a new copy of Windows 10 or use the Win10 DvD.

Find a tutorial on Youtube of how to disconnect your hard drive and connect it to another desktop if you own one. If things load properly on the desktop you connected your hard drive to, its an issue with the other desktop, not the hard drive.

Best Regards, Damon
HP Recommended

Okie thanks, but do I have to connect it to another desktop? I don't have one. Is it possible to just reconnect it? and the hard drive is inside my desktop box thingy right. Plus, I only own two computers, a desktop one (Which I am having trouble with right now) and an all in one, which is IMPOSSIBLE to open.

HP Recommended
Hi Muhammad!

You can google what a hard drive looks like then yes, I would like you to remove it. If you can either figure out how to how the other desktop or buy a hard drjve, i would like you to put it in the do the regular set up. If you can set up we know its your hard drive.

Also, if you own CDs and Windows 10 on the other PC i would like you to use an empty one, flash Ubuntu (tutorials can be found online) and see if this fixes your issue. If not you most likely need a new hard drive
HP Recommended

Okay, if I reconnect the hard drive and it still doesn't start up I should get a new one right?

HP Recommended

For some reason I cannot find the hard drive, I have a photo and I will send it. But it would be cool if you had skype and we can actually talk this out, and you can show me which wires to plug out. If you do have skype can you send it to me so I can add you?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.