Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to get this to work on Win7 64-bit?

Will this scanner ever get updated drivers? (Too tough to do?  Planned obsolescence?)

HP Recommended

I too have Winblows 7, 64 byte

The Scanjet 3.1 won't register, and hence I now have useless junk, thanks Windows, Thanks  HP.

Guess it's time for another scanner, form anyone other than HP!

Your support of your products for a operating system upgrade is inexcusable.  Granted Micro-slop should help but I bought my scanner from you.  So now I have to buy another one guess who just lost my business for good.  BTW the same is now true of Micro-slop, count me yet another convert to the evil fruit based operational system.

It's not like I wasn't paitent.  I was I waited **bleep** near a year, but now I'm tired of waiting.

Thanks for nothing!

HP Recommended

The Scanning, Faxing and Copying forum is hereYou'll get faster assistance on that forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Windows 7 64 bit driver for Scanjet 5400c is what I need.  Anyone found a driver that will work.  There are several driver wizards out there that claim to have a driver if you want to pay $29 for their software.  Point is, if they have  a driver that works then someone must know about it.  Any help would be appreciated. 

HP Recommended

The suggestion of right clicking to 'run as administrator' worked for me (64 bit).

Many thanks

HP Recommended

How can I get and install the driver for HP scanjet 5400c for Windows 7?

HP Recommended

salut.je cherche driver for HP Scanjet 5400c scanner, using Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi,

I need an win7 64bit driver! Do you have help for my problem?

HP Recommended

Hi all,

There's only one solution to this issue. Install Linux on your system and use the generic scanning software.

Problem solved, but it should be easier than this. I thought that HP take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously, but given the number of queries relating to this product, it would appear not. There's going to be a lot of landfill.

HP Recommended

have been struggling to use my scanner. The right mouse click on the HP precision pro 3.1 and run as administrator worked like a charm! :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.