Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7658n Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows XP

I need recovery CD for HP media center pcm7658.

Thanks

Kun

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

you have to search on another site, like this

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-13194-recovery-kit-5092-5956-for-hp-model-number-m7658n.aspx

but with the risk it entails
no guarantee it will work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Locating the recovery disk set for a computer that old is not likely.  I looked at Computer Surgeons - the go to people for what you want.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/ 

which is the most likely place to find that, they did not locate any.  You might try using a slightly different model number to find something close, but good luck.  There may be other sites but it will be a crapshoot to find what would work.  It would probably be a better fit to locate a generic Windows XP media center install disk set and then find the drivers.  BTW: Vista might be a thought, too.  Maybe even Windows 7 media center would work on that old hardware.

I see @Prométhée found something that might work.  I did not do as well as he, nor did I see his reply until now. Sorry

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

hi

@TheOldMan  my first search, was a failure with this site, I changed the name of the computer, to find, at the beginning I had simply tried Pavilion Media Center TV m7658n
It may be easier to find drivers, under vista, but frankly, I do not recommend
at the time I had an hp under vista, the most horrible of systems, fortunately a windows 7 offer arrived quickly, nothing to do!
But it may be more complicated to find drivers!
Problem is that there you have to buy a license, and if it does not pass, too bad, unless you do a test before, it passes, buy the license!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.