Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP24 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchase new computers for Fire Company, which has Windows 10 Home,  went to join PC to our Domain come to find out that Windows 10 Home OS cannot be use to join a network domain.

Does HP have License Key for Windows 10 Pro to upgrade the Home edition?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/plp/accessories/computer-software&availability=in-stock

I don't think so but see with them directly

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

If you purchased it with Windows Home, you cannot "join a domain".

However, if you launch the "Windows Store" app, you can purchase a license for Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

yes, finally let's wait to see the response from the HP store
The windows store, perfect if you're ready to pay full price
I have not yet indicated that, I was expecting the user's response, because otherwise, it is better to buy licenses on specialized sites, cheaper !!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for response.  Being I work for a Non-Profit Vol Fire Company, I figured out that I can purchase license thru Microsoft Tech Soup at a much lower cost than from MS Store.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Yes, it may save the person a few dollars, by trying to purchase the license from HP.

However, that might mean that the computer would have to be returned to HP, to get a refund of the purchase price, and then to purchase a very-similar computer that includes a license for Windows 10 Pro.

This will be inconvenient for the person, as compared to a few "clicks" on the Windows Store, to get the computer upgraded to be able to be put to work, within an hour.

"Time is money"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.