Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Model Number: 500-007a

Operating System: Windows 10 64 bits

Problem description: No sound.

Hi,

I came from TenForums forum, hoping to find a solution to my desktop's sound  problem.

Progress of the problem solution can be found at: http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45369-no-audio-output-device-installed.html

When I hover my cursor over the audio icon at the right bottom corner of screen, the hint message says "No Audio Output Device is installed". Clicking the audio icon so that windows try to solve the problem won't solve the problem.

no audio icon.PNG

In device manager, I have 2 "High definition audio controller" that display a yellow "!" mark on them. Both controllers are under the system devices tab.

device controller.PNG

As you can see in the above image, there are no "sound, video and game controller" tab.

How do I get my sound back?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What concerns me is that your device manager does not have the IDT HD audio listed under the sound video and game controllers device manager.

Normally when you install W10, the IDT HD audio device is listed there, and it just doesn't work.

You may want to try reinstalling W10 and see what happens.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 audio driver works for you...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

It doesn't work. The driver installer said:

"This is not the correct audio driver for this system (xp). The installer will now exit."

HP Recommended

That's weird.

The driver is for W10 and I gave it to another forum member with the same motherboard and it worked just fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/HP-Pavilion-p6-2317c-Desktop-PC-Windows-10-update/m-p/551...

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will look into the post.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What concerns me is that your device manager does not have the IDT HD audio listed under the sound video and game controllers device manager.

Normally when you install W10, the IDT HD audio device is listed there, and it just doesn't work.

You may want to try reinstalling W10 and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Yes, thank you for helping me. I will think about it.

HP Recommended

I have spent many hours of installing, uninstalling, updating to find Realtec and Nivivia drivers I had before did not work. I saw this on HP forum and installed it i.e. ASRock    file sp71717.exe.  it worked a breaze.  Would love to ge the features I had before, but thats Windows 10 for ya.

HP Recommended

No Audio Output Device is installed commonly happens because of Driver mess up. Either Sound driver is corrupt, disabled, outdated or the respective registry entries are scrap. So you need to do the workarounds keeping the sound adapter driver into mind. You can try to 

1. Check Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio Services and enable if they are disabled.

2Give a try to Enable, disable, uninstall the driver from device manager one after another succeeding with a reboot each time.

2 Run playing audio troubleshooter.

3. Run SFC /Scannow if above methods fail (to fix Possible registry key corrupt). 

4. You can navigate to HP Driver webpage, type model number of your device in the present box, press Find button, locate, and download the appropriate Sound driver.

If you are a newbie, or still facing trouble follow a guide on the web - Fix: No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi, please im having problem with my Audio output device telling audio output is not installed, so i want you to help me recreate and install.      thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.