Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 27-b014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help regarding this. I cannot do anything on desktop. I turned it on and off many times. I won’t even let me click on start button or any icon listed on my screen. I’ve tried everything and nothing. Also same thing happens to mouse. I need to get the batteries out and in to make the mouse move. I really need ideas regarding this. Is there a way how to reset it without the cd since this did not bring one? Thank u. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NJSPORTSCARDS 

I see your model has a touch screen.  So, are you able to touch the Start button icons? Or, does that not work, as well?

Also, I see the keyboard and mouse are both wireless.  So, if you change the batteries in the mouse, the on-screen pointer moves?  But, until you do that, it does not?

And I presume you have tried new batteries in both the mouse and the keyboard, and those make no difference?

IF you reset the PC, that will erase EVERYTHING on it, including any personal data and any apps you have installed.  Are you sure that is what you want to do?

Have you tried using a USB keyboard and a USB mouse?  Do those not work as well?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Even with the touchscreen does not let me press on anything. Not responding. Right now I tried to reset to keep my files , but still waiting. Thanks 

HP Recommended

OK, but need answers to all the questions I asked.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.